Every year government allot some percentage of budget to our municipal corporation
in which water supply & street lighting systems takes away 50 – 60 % of the total
budget in municipalities. Pumping and street lighting systems offers maximum potential
for energy savings when incorporated to other systems.
If we use energy efficient technologies like appropriate size of pumps & motors
, use of street lighting system according to the need , illumination levels & efficiency
of the systems then we can save this 550 – 60 % of the total budget in municipalities
for other public welfare activities like new roads, flyovers, health programs, new
wells & taps etc.
Some of the measures are as follows:
- Rectification of Non-riten valve.
- Rectification of Pump to enhance the output and operating efficiency
- Replacement of the standard 40 W tube lights with 36 W tube lights as part of operation
and maintenance practice.
- Replacement of the 250 W Sodium vapour lamps with 150 W SV lamps without reduction
in the illumination levels
- Installation of voltage controller to reduce the voltage for lighting circuits.
- Installation of timer controller for lighting feeders
- Replacement of conventional choke with electronic chokes.